Re: [opensuse-factory] Build system solutions (was Re: Calling for a new openSUSE development model)
Am 15.06.2012 08:25, schrieb Carl-Daniel Hailfinger:
I've yet to see a real PCIe SSD (i.e. not a PCIe card with some SATA
controllers and SATA SSDs onboard) which is supported by a mainline
Linux kernel and I've talked to quite a few vendors. FusionIO and others
offer binary-only kernel modules for their SSDs, but I wouldn't want to
use binary-only drivers anywhere, especially in OBS.

Agreed. And then those beasts are really expensive. My customer simply
runs stuff out of tmpfs -- even faster than the FusionIO and no binary
crap needed (there's e.g. no way to get real enterprise distro support
for those FusionIO things)

I already wondered about something being seriously wrong with gregkh
promoting proprietary stuff... :-)
--
Stefan Seyfried

"Dispatch war rocket Ajax to bring back his body!"