Re: [opensuse-factory] Build system solutions (was Re: Calling for a new openSUSE development model)
Am 14.06.2012 21:48, schrieb Adrian Schröter:
But real life has shown that marking packages for incompatible changes
is not working good enough. And suddenly you hunt problems for a long
time which in the end a rebuild is fixing.

I build factory this way now for almost 2 years if I'm not mistaken - I
hunted bugs as you say about 3 to 6 times in that period. So while there
may be problems with it, it's not worth the extra waiting time.
Especially if you want to test the stuff and not just expect a green page.

I really think what I do for factory should be our default for
tumbleweed too - but what we do need is really an easy way to trigger
subtrees in dependency order.

Greetings, Stephan