  • From: Daniele <kailed@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 21:30:36 +0200
In data giovedì 14 giugno 2012 06:11:19, Sven Burmeister ha scritto:
Am Mittwoch, 13. Juni 2012, 20:05:31 schrieb Daniele:
netinstall is too slow. With a live cd I can do $something while
installing (surf the web, play games, read documentation..).

So it's about you not wanting to do it rather than you not being able
to do it. We are looking for use cases where it is impossible to
install without Live CD.
No it's about doing thing in smart way.
Live cd is good enough for demo, rescue and installation media.
Cd image can be used on pendrive too, so with one image you can cover a
lot of use case.
We already have Live Cd. for sure one day will not be able to release a
really usefull live cd ( I understand the size issue..) but now is
doable !

Not sure about "the vast majority does not need a 700 MB CD"

Jos and others backed that claim up with some logic and points on
technical requirements. Where is yours?
Do not waste half day just for basic installation is for me a sort of
technical requirements. At least for now that we have a working
solution..

Bye.
--
*** Linux user # 198661 ---_ ICQ 33500725 ***
*** Home http://www.kailed.net ***