Am 14.06.2012 19:59, schrieb Adrian Schröter:

gcc is really very special, Richard is already doing test builds of entire
Factory
in his own project and I think this going to stay for first testing.

However, afterwards :Staging would define the next transaction to be checked
into Factory.

That can be either a really deep change (like gcc + last package fixes to be on
100% green again),
but it could be also a step were only leaf packages or packages which should
have less impact.
The later case should be faster to test since way less packages need to be
build.

However, it would be up to the release manager/team to define this step. Maybe
we would need something
like a "LATER" functionality for requests then, if something is general okay,
but not for this step.
That still is not good enough for me to understand what you mean. A transaction is what? a bunch of submit requests?
So devel projects would stay, but SR to :Staging and from there we copy it when what happend?

I guess what I don't understand: how is having everything in one :staging an advantage over having everything
in :Factory? I can revert single broken packages right now too - once I understand where the problem comes from.
The problem is how to fix the problem - if the ruby update only breaks devel:languages:ruby, but not the packages
in let's say system:management - unless ruby ends up in factory.

Greetings, Stephan