Re: [opensuse-factory] HALLO - ANYBODY OUT THERE? [WAS About the Live CDs (PLEASE READ)]
On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 10:51 AM, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Basil Chupin wrote:

6 days ago I wrote:

/quote

Re the medium to use.

The use of USB sticks is really not something to be seriously
considered. Not everyone has the ability to use this medium.

I did see that, but I couldn't imagine who it is that cannot boot from a
USB stick?  I actually have some elderly systems that can't, but those
are the exception and they're quite close to ending up on ebay.

I mean, even my Philips picture frame has a USB socket, if it would run
Linux I'm sure it could boot from USB too :-)

I totally disagree based on real world experience.

Having a usb port does not mean usb booting is supported.

Greg