  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 16:56:49 +0200
Hans Witvliet wrote:

Thought the discussion was about something else:
1) Like it or not, we are all confronted with some physical
limitations, Size of a floppy, cdrom, dvd, BR, mem-stick.

2) On the other hand, the amount of software keeps growing.

3) in _some_ parts of the world internetbandwith is surging, while its
cost is falling. But not everywhere.

So the discussion was: how is (open)SuSE going to deal with those
limitations, specially when they cause a problem for a release.

I guess the answer is - we don't want to leave anyone out, possibly with
the exception of absolute corner-cases. OTOH, because our resources
aren't infinite, we have to compromise and find something that does not
leave too many people out. It seems to me we have to work with the
lowest common denominator and keep the CD. If it means reducing the
functionality slightly, so be it.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (21.3°C)