On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 9:16 AM, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jos Poortvliet wrote:

I think many of these suggestions are good. I do expect that they
require heavy additional building in OBS and we might need extra
hardware to be able to do this... That SSD discussion might have been
more important than we thought :D

It might also be interesting to think about ways for the community to
contribute resources in the grid-computing style of GIMPS, BOINC,
Seti@home, protein folding etc.

My understanding is that the OBS can utilize Amazon compute and disk
resources to act as worker nodes.

One option might be:
Would people consider donating to a "pool" if that pool were used to
pay for amazon/whatever worker nodes to help out the OBS? Using a "big
memory" machine set up to use a ramdisk might really help out
performance. NOTE: I do not mean to exclude other disk/compute node
providers other than Amazon, but it's the only one I am familiar with.
I haven't really thought this through, I'm afraid.

--
Jon