[opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-factory] delta ISO?
  • From: Marguerite Su <i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 21:30:55 +0800
On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 9:11 PM, Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On 14.06.2012 14:28, Per Jessen wrote:
Marguerite Su wrote:

Hi, all,

One simple question: do we still have delta ISO provided?

AFAICT, we don't. I remember downloading deltas and applying them, but
it's quite a while ago.

Well, 12.2-Milestone3 came with this:

openSUSE-Addon-Lang-Build0258_Build0317-i586.delta.iso
openSUSE-Addon-Lang-Build0258_Build0317-x86_64.delta.iso
openSUSE-Addon-NonOss-BiArch-Build0258_Build0317-BiArch.delta.iso
openSUSE-Addon-NonOss-BiArch-Build0258_Build0317-i586-x86_64.delta.iso
openSUSE-DVD-Build0258_Build0315-x86_64.delta.iso
openSUSE-DVD-Build0258_Build0317-i586.delta.iso

Or I make my question more simple,

I have a M3 ISO, I want to update it to beta1, what can I do?

Download the next one. :-)

We still have wiki page telling delta ISO is good for testing purpose.

If we drop that a long time ago, it's misunderstanding and will
confuse users.

Yes, that wiki page needs updating.

I don't know - if you guys want it, we can still generate it. They are
small, so mirroring them is no problem.

I only had the feeling that the it's only interesting for 1 or 2 guys
and it involves considerable effort to generate them.

Greetings, Stephan

Well, I'm neutral on it.

Normal users will not download so many ISOs, M1~M4, B1, B2, R1, R2,
12.2. (totally 39.6G)

They maybe just download one beta and 12.2. it can be tolerated and
acceptable, even under a slow internet connection.

but if you download them all, well, when the previous is downloaded,
the new one is released. you'll always have a Kget in your system
tray.

so this issue( whether to provide or not) depends on how many such
testers do we have and who they are, I mean, are they core
developers/active bug reporters who can debug and make good for our
distribution or who just have a fast internet connection and have
nothing else to do but downloading?

If not, editing the wiki page might be an easy solution.

Marguerite