Re: [opensuse-factory] New naming scheme for Apache tomcat
  • From: Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 15:09:24 +0200
Michal Vyskocil wrote:
I've decided to drop jpackage.org naming scheme of our Apache Tomcat
package and follow Fedora style, so starting 12.2 you will find it under
name tomcat.

This change makes a perfect sense because we do maintain only one major
version of it on (open)SUSE release, so there is no need to have version
in package name and complicate updates for users.

Thanks! I wish other silly named packages would follow suit.

cu
Ludwig

--
(o_ Ludwig Nussel