Am 14.06.2012 14:26, schrieb Sascha Peilicke:

Coincidentally, I just wrote about the same thing :-). I can only agree
that IMO less maintainers will lead to increased responsibility and
shorter response times when it comes to package submissions between
projects. Yet, I'm unsure if this will also help raising awareness of
issues within Factory. Nonetheless, it's worth discussing.

And just for the record: I'm maintainer of many projects I would not
dare accepting submissions because I don't know anything about most
packages in the project, simply because I do maintain one package in there.

Example: Publishing (because of pdftk), Base:System (because of bluez,
suspend), server:mail (leafnode, mailsync), even X11:Utilities
(tuxcursors :-)

Especially Base:System and server:mail are rather scary :-)

While I do care about pdftk and bluez, I simply don't feel too
comfortable about accepting e.g. mkinitrd or udev or perl-Bootloader
into Base:System, simply because I don't know much about them. So I do
ignore those requests.

I did some accept recently when the "pending SR" alarms were raised on
packaging, mostly when the people who submitted the fix were "known good
submitters" or the diffs were trivially correct or such, but I did not
feel comfortable about that.

So I would not feel offended about having my maintainer rights revoked
on many of those repositories :-)
--
Stefan Seyfried

"Dispatch war rocket Ajax to bring back his body!"