On 14/06/12 05:45, Nelson Marques wrote:
DVD is most likely the nicest media to share on events and specially
in places/people which don't have broadband. I don't believe it should
be touched.
It is possible to burn ISOs which are only 3995000000 bytes sized onto a
normal DVD-R medium, no problem.
Considering that most people agree that the LiveCD should move to 1GB,
it sounds weird to shring the DVD media in 9% because of 4Gb USB
sticks where in the civilized world a 8Gb USB stick goes for less than
6€'s (5.99 on Media Markt). Makes absolutly no sense to me... And in
those cases where people might not have broadband to download and
require optical media (like a DVD) you are nuking away 9% of the
available storage because... well... someone thinks people use 4Gb
sticks ;)

Sounds like the perfect strategy to me :)

"If logic rules the world, men would ride side-saddle."

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.1 x86_64 KDE 4.8.3 and kernel 3.4.2 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor