On 14.06.2012 12:13, Henne Vogelsang wrote:
Hey,

On 14.06.2012 12:01, Stephan Kulow wrote:
On 14.06.2012 11:52, Guido Berhoerster wrote:

How about a multi-tiered Factory to address this and have all changes go
into an openSUSE:Factory:Staging project and only migrate packages to
openSUSE:Factory after a certain delay when they do not break others

That would move the problem to :Staging - we could only move packages to
Factory once everything in staging built, which would be (without other
changes to the process) never.

So individual staging projects for submits. But apart from the technical
differences (and difficulties) I'm not so sure that people will have
more incentives to fix their mess. That part is not very clear to me.
How do we make sure that people fix their delta in "red" packages from
before their submit? Reminder mails? ;)

To me the main reason to go there is that *other* people actually can
verify their work is good and that factory is usable and testable. If
that means we won't get new automake or new gcc soonish, I can accept
it. If someone really wanted either, they would know where to find it
and fix the problems.

Greetings, Stephan