On 6/13/2012 3:45 PM, Nelson Marques wrote:
DVD is most likely the nicest media to share on events and specially
in places/people which don't have broadband. I don't believe it should
be touched.

It is possible to burn ISOs which are only 3995000000 bytes sized onto a
normal DVD-R medium, no problem.

Considering that most people agree that the LiveCD should move to 1GB,
it sounds weird to shring the DVD media in 9% because of 4Gb USB
sticks where in the civilized world a 8Gb USB stick goes for less than
6€'s (5.99 on Media Markt). Makes absolutly no sense to me... And in
those cases where people might not have broadband to download and
require optical media (like a DVD) you are nuking away 9% of the
available storage because... well... someone thinks people use 4Gb
sticks ;)

Sounds like the perfect strategy to me :)

I only ever use PXE to install or repair anymore. Anywhere in the civilized world old pc's and new netbooks are cheap and plentiful to run pxe servers on, so it makes absolutely no sense to me why we even bother with cd's or dvd's or usb sticks, everyone should just have a pxe server and a full rsync mirror of the full suse ftp site ;) Sounds like the perfect strategy to me :)

--
bkw