  • From: "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <znmeb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2012 10:26:30 -0700
On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 8:02 AM, Kyrill Detinov <lazy.kent@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sat, 9 Jun 2012 11:54:10 +0200 David Haller wrote:

* a browser (firefox) and maybe an email client (thunderbird?)

Nope. Seamonkey! Seamonkey package is 44.3 MiB (without translations,

If we talk about Xfce, then Midori and Claws Mail.

--
WBR
 Kyrill

I think the LXDE desktop includes Firefox and Claws Mail. I like
Seamonkey/Iceape personally; Mozilla has done a pretty good job of
backporting the goodies from Firefox and Thunderbird back into the
code base. But if you want the GNOME3 "Tracker" semantic desktop
tools, you need Firefox and either Evolution or Thunderbird.

I honestly don't know why GNOME keeps maintaining Epiphany and KDE
keeps maintaing Konqueror. Pretty much everyone actually uses Firefox
or Chrome/Chromium because the UI is identical on Windows, Linux and
Mac. And I don't know too many people that use an on-desktop
full-featured email setup except in enterprises with Exchange servers.
Just about everyone else I know uses webmail and a good number of
those are GMail.

--
Twitter: http://twitter.com/znmeb Computational Journalism Server
http://j.mp/compjournoserver

Data is the new coal - abundant, dirty and difficult to mine.