Am 07.06.2012 22:40, schrieb Hans Witvliet:
On Thu, 2012-06-07 at 19:33 +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2012-06-07 19:02, upscope wrote:
Two days ago I went to delete everything on it but cannot even as
root. Says its read only.

dd with zeros the first few sectors, then repartition and mkfs.
It is the image of a CD, so it behaves as a CD: no writing at all.

so, beside a repair/rescue/net-install cdrom, we should like to have an
usb-image, with RW capabilities?
_that_ would be a step forward compared with the old live cdrom!

Our 12.1 milestones were RW when put on USB and it proved to be too
fragile, so I disabled it for the final. One more thing where people
could make a difference in improving this.

Greetings, Stephan