  • From: Ken Schneider - openSUSE <suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2012 12:48:24 -0400
On 06/07/12 12:31, Brian K. White pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
On 6/7/2012 3:51 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:

One cannot not have an office suit in a LIVE CD so LibreOffice must stay.

Not that I'm advocating one way or the other, but I completely disagree
with this statement. If you value an office suite on a live cd, I say
that is just a thing you happen to value. I have zero use for an office
suite on a live cd.

I happen to value documentation on live media specifically because half
the time I'm even USING a live media is because I'm either installing or
repairing or otherwise do not have normal use of the machine, which may
mean no access to internet (at least via that machine).

If I had a cd and a laptop and I couldn't figure out how to get the
laptop on the internet and all the documentation for the software
was...on the internet... I would be real pissed at whatever genius
decided the live cd didn't need it's own documentation built-in.

Then there is a need for a rescue CD besides the live CD. The rescue CD would only need necessary admin tools and docs.

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998