On Thu, 2012-06-07 at 03:26 -0400, Felix Miata wrote:
On 2012/06/07 08:24 (GMT+0200) C composed:

Stephan Kulow wrote:

So I wonder: should we screw the medium CD and go officially for
1GB sticks as our medium? (or require DVD medium for non-usb).

Did *buntu stop mailing free installation CDs to anyone who asked?

CDs are fast going the way of floppy disks. Some people still use them,
but...

Like people stuck on low bandwidth connections. All day to do a CD is a lot
more doable than a week for a DVD. People stuck with low bandwidth are more
likely stuck with puters that don't boot from USB.

If you opt for a live-dvd, doesn't imply that the whole dvd wil be
filled. Just that you don't have to look for another 80MB to sqeeze out.

regarding "disabled" USB-ports, some of they also physically "disable"
the optical drive ;-) Or simply won't allow you to boot from anything
but the HD.

If indeed mysql is still on the live-image, and it is easy to remove it
(with its docu) go for it.

But remember that it is only a temporary solution.
Question is, what are the objectives?
Rescue medium? you can get rid of much more
Try-out? get a much as possible IN...

hw