Am 07.06.2012 07:57, schrieb Stephan Kulow:

-rw-r--r-- 1 107 109 3,4M Jun 7 04:54 bootsplash-branding-openSUSE.rpm

Isn't that moot with plymouth now?

-rw-r--r-- 1 399 399 7,1M Apr 23 08:50 mysql-community-server.rpm

There are some packages you can't pick and there are packages that will
free more space than there value due to their dependency list.

I don't understand the purpose of mysql on an live CD but that's
probably just me :-)

But as you can see, libreoffice and it's subpackages (plus their
dependencies) is worth ~20% of the live cd space. So realistically,
we have two choices: live CD without libreoffice or live USB with
libreoffice. *Or* we find a way to reduce the size of packages
by splitting things out that are optional and don't need to be on
the live cd (I can hear you say documentation :)

seife@susi:~> rpm --help|grep docs
--excludedocs do not install documentation

how about that?
--
Stefan Seyfried

"Dispatch war rocket Ajax to bring back his body!"