Re: [opensuse-factory] Anyone dualbooting 12.1 and 12.2?
On Wed, Jun 06, 2012 at 07:34:07PM +0200, Martin Schlander wrote:
Onsdag den 6. juni 2012 12:54:56 Michael Chang skrev:
On Wed, Jun 06, 2012 at 09:17:31AM +0700, Constant Brouerius van Nidek
wrote:
On Tuesday, June 05, 2012 10:05:07 PM Martin Schlander wrote:
In case anyone else has these concerns. In the end I decided to
install 12.2beta with legacy-grub and dual-booting with 12.1 worked
without any issues.

Same here. There seems to be not enough experience with grub2 for the
time being.

We have many bug reports on 12.2beta that grub2 is broken if you
enable installation from images. Unfortunately it's default enabled so
you have to disable it to get everything to work (not only grub2 is
affected, but many packages is deleted after image deployment.)

From my experience I could tell you it should work, at least my
testing covers it. But still the sample is not considered enough though.

I installed from liveusb, I guess the images issue only exists with the dvd?

With grub2 the "Installation Overview" did not mention any alternative boot
loader sections, so I didn't want to take any chances and just went with
legacy-grub which told me it would create a section for my 12.1.

We should improve the grub2's summary page to display more
equivalent informations with legacy grub. They are not displayed but
actually works.

Thanks.