[opensuse-factory] CruiseControl: contrib repo
  • From: Graham Anderson <graham@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2012 18:42:08 -0700 (PDT)
I have let maintenence of the CruiseControl package slip.

I don't think I packaged it well in any case because I wanted the tests to
pass but had to patch out some of the network units so that it would build on
OBS. I found it hard to pacakge the http based interface and additionally the
spec file is very messy, my apologies for that but I'm not really an au fait
java hacker.

Having said that, I always found CruiseControl to be a very efficient,
flexible and non opinionated CI tool; but sadly I find myself and my current
clients migrating away from that world.

To cut a long story short, I will not be spending any more time on the package
and it already intermitently fails on i586. Unless anyone else has a use for
CruiseControl and can bring the package up to date, it will likely fall out of
our distro as contrib is phased out.

If you use this package, please update your CruiseControl from the project
release in future:

http://cruisecontrol.sourceforge.net/

Cheers the noo,
Graham