Re: [opensuse-factory] automount problems
Le lundi 04 juin 2012, à 18:35 +0200, "Stefan Brüns" a écrit :

Am 06/04/12, schrieb Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Le lundi 04 juin 2012, à 17:46 +0200, "Stefan Brüns" a écrit :
My experience shows that ck is largely broken, or a least lacks in
several aspects. It does not support multiseat (only one active session
at a time), it does not support remote sessions (e.g. via LTSP) (unable
to find the correct session at all). Whereas the former at least shows
the pk authorization dialog, although for the wrong 'active' state, the
latter is unable to show a dialog at all.

These problems can be solved by using systemd-logind. This needs a
newer/patched polkit package. Anyone interested in testing this can find
one in home:StefanBruens:branches:Base:System .

Session state can be queried using systemd-loginctl.

Pros of systemd-loginctl: it works
Cons: it *might* depend on systemd, but I have not tested this.

IIRC, it does indeed depend on systemd at runtime, with no proper
fallback to ConsoleKit when the system is not booted with systemd.

And that's why we've not switched the polkit package (and several
others, including gdm, NetworkManager, gnome-packagekit, etc.) to use
systemd-logind. It's a bit annoying, if you ask me :/

Hm, AFAIK the only packages depending directly on ck vs systemd-logind should
be the session manager and policykit. Support in the session manager is only
needed for full multiseat support (i.e. exporting SEAT settings), which
leaves policykit.

I can tell you for sure that many other packages depend on ConsoleKit
right now (or could be switched to systemd-logind). NetworkManager is
an example I already gave you -- it's using CK/systemd-logind to know if
a NM client is on active session. If it's not the case, then you don't
get the network icon in gonme-shell, for instance.

It should not be to difficult make pk fall back to ck, as the ck code is
already there.

Well, it's more complex than that, really. If we don't switch everything
to systemd-logind, then some stuff will be looking at ConsoleKit while
the sessions won't be registered there anymore.

But in general, yes, that patch would be welcome so that we can switch
everything to systemd-logind and allow everything to fallback to
ConsoleKit when we don't boot with systemd. Just make sure to upstream
the patch :-)

Cheers,

Vincent

--