Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: [opensuse-factory] Getting Plymouth to work in Beta1
On Monday, June 04, 2012, Frederic Crozat <fcrozat@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

black screen usually means X wasn't started with "-background none" as
an option (it is up to GDM / KDM to add this to X server command line,
if they detected plymouth was running.

I can remember that I already checked this once with Vincent and I can confirm
that both KDM and GDM are starting the X-server with the following arguments:

ServerArgsLocal=-nolisten tcp -background none

So this should be fine. I have now Fedora 17 running in a Virtualbox, so will
check what parameters they use.

Regards

Raymond