Re: [opensuse-factory] Getting Plymouth to work in Beta 1
Le lundi 04 juin 2012 à 12:54 +0200, Will Stephenson a écrit :
On Friday 01 June 2012 18:18:56 Roman Bysh wrote:
Has anyone been able to get Plymouth to work by it's default setting?
What other packages are required?

Is it possible to use Plymouth with grub legacy? I'm multibooting Beta1 with
12.1's grub, and get a black screen between the bootsplash and KDE autologin.

Nothing prevents that.

But to be a smooth transition between splash and display manager, there
is some adaptation needed on the display manager side (I know KDM needs
a patch, I don't know if we have it already or not), so X server is
started in a mode which doesn't reset the screen to black and KDM will
notify plymouth to quit and handle the nice fade..

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat@xxxxxxxx>
SUSE