Re: Re: [opensuse-factory] Really too much to ask for a working Software Management system ??
  • From: Bryen M Yunashko <suserocks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2012 15:13:59 -0500
On Sat, 2012-06-02 at 20:26 +0100, Cristian Morales Vega wrote:
You mean the "The following package updates will NOT be installed:"
list that has been in zypper for a few releases already? That's not a
bug. It's just the difference between "zypper lu" and "zypper lu -a".

certain cases. YaST software management indicated that (with a
Update All
packages if newer exist), that it wants to update 194 packages.
Something that
zypper doesn't even indicate. YaST starts then to work and shortly
after it

"Update All packages if newer exist" is "zypper lu -a".

Really, bug reports and good descriptions (copy & paste of commands)
is the only way to go.

Maybe I'm ignorant here, but how does zypper lu -a update? lu = list
updates and doesn't seem to do anything more. When I do lu -a, I get
the same list of available updates, yet it doesn't actually install
them. When I then run zypper up, I still see the list of packages that
zypper won't update.

Description in help screen for lu -a is: "List all packages for which
newer versions are available, regardless whether they are installable or
not."

Bryen M Yunashko
openSUSE Project