Re: [opensuse-factory] Getting Plymouth to work in Beta 1
  • From: Roman Bysh <rbtc1@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2012 12:39:45 -0400
On June 2, 2012 05:58:56 PM Raymond Wooninck wrote:
On Saturday, June 02, 2012, Roman Bysh <rbtc1@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm still seeing a very brief black screen between the space flares and
kdm
theme to desktop. Is there a way of removing the black screen?

Are there plans to have a smooth transition between Plymouth and kdm
theme?

Have you decided which Plymouth theme will be used as the default?

I am not the one deciding on the default Plymouth theme. I know that that
artwork team is working hard on providing an openSUSE theme for plymouth
which would be similar to the bootsplash one.

Which theme are you currently using ?

I know about a black screen transition from grub to plymouth, which is
caused by the intel driver and some screen writes (echo "..") inside the
initrd. The other one could be caused by the change of backgrounds when
switching from plymouth to KDM

Regards

Raymond

I am using the solar flares. Even if there was a change of backgrounds, there
shouldn't be a delay.

Look at at Windows. Even Windows switches from one scene to another without a
small delay between images filled with black. Isn't this the reason we are
using Plymouth? To get away from from the flickering and black screens.

Can we set the echo to 0 ms?

Cheers!

Roman