Re: [opensuse-factory] Status: Beta
On 28.05.2012 20:33, Stephan Kulow wrote:
Am 28.05.2012 18:51, schrieb Larry Finger:

According to openqa, the Live CDs for Build 0386 boot and run.
Installation of Gnome failed on at least one run because package mdadm
was not available. Although I could not find a successful KDE Live CD
run at openqa, one was just reported here by Dale Richey. My download is
in progress.

Unfortunately this is what I'm seeing here too:
http://openqa.opensuse.org/viewimg/openqa/testresults/openSUSE-GNOME-LiveCD-x86_64-Build0386/spashscreen-1.png

mdadm's scripts seem to be broken, we need to fix that too.

But the livecd problem is most horrible:

expr(1) segfaults while kiwi tries to calculate how much memory
to reserve - and in the end it doesn't give no memory at all, which
causes clicfs to return a usage message -> no file system.

I'm trying to find out how to fix expr, others may check mdadm.

expr(1) has been obsolete for more than two decades, you can just use arithmetic expansion available in any Bourne-derived shell for integer arithmetic and bc(1) for floating point arithmetic.
--
Guido Berhoerster