Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed 3.3.0-16.1 kernel does not allow install of nvidia driver
On 23/03/12 11:39, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 23/03/12 01:42, Larry Finger wrote:
[pruned]

Once you have applied the patch, a second attempt will see that the change has been made, and then yield the "Assume -R" message. Use 'man patch' to see what that means.

Rerun the sequence

sh ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86-295.20.run -x
cd NVIDIA-Linux-x86-295.20
patch -p1 < nvidia_295_20_for_3.3_err
./nvidia-installer

When that fails, post the log file /var/log/nvidia-installer.log.

Larry

Thanks Larry. OK, shall do so in the next several minutes.

BC

To keep people informed, I did as Larry asked and I have now contacted him privately and sent 2 files possibly showing where the failure to patch the nVidia driver occurred.

Just out of interest, the *.run file was patched, at least partially, and I tried to install the driver and this time it actually got someway in behaving the way it has in the past (ie, to compile) but then struck something it didn't like and aborted.

BC

--
Wife sent me to the doctor to get the pills for me to have an erection.
When I came back I gave her the packet of slimming pills.