Re: [opensuse-factory] Asus Sabertooth 990FX motherboard - garbage
On 03/18/12 20:58, Sid Boyce pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
One warning on the Asus Sabertooth 990 FX motherboard, it seems the BIOS
only supports Windows. With an Asus Motherboard and an Asus 560 Ti video
card it's detected as a radeon monochrome caard so it will not work with
a radeon nor an nvidia driver. Only the vesa driver works.

I did quite a moan about in in the Customer Support Survey the sent me.
Whether that will do any good is anyone's guess.
They probably can hire only one dimensional developers these days.

The reply from their support was to run Windows on it and report any
problem.
I told them I don't run Windows ... no further response other than I got
a second Customer Support Survey request today.
Regards
Sid.

Looks like ASUS (and MS) is looking for a lawsuit.

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998