Re: [opensuse-factory] Wresting control from systemd
On Wed, 2012-02-01 at 11:29 -0300, Claudio Freire wrote:
On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 10:30 AM, Mike Galbraith <mgalbraith@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Incredible. Until now, systemd sounded to me like it might be a step in
the right direction. It suddenly sounds utterly vile.

What's the problem with it ? how do you expect systemd to contain
processes ?

I expect it to do process containment when and how I says it's ok to do
so. It is not at all cool for systemd to do what someone else decides
it should do with my processes in my workstation without my consent.

I like bashing systemd too, but really I don't see your problem.

You'll have to explain in more detail and without emotional language
for us to understand.

Not emotional, my problem has been resolved. My problem was that I need
the ability to set my system up as I see fit, on the fly. I work on and
test the scheduler quite a bit, including realtime stuff, and cannot
have outside agencies making scheduler setup decisions for me.

-Mike