On 12/25/2011 05:26 PM, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
On 25/12/11 19:50, Graham Anderson wrote:

I would argue that this is more
a problem of AppArmor

Yes, that's it. apparmor has to provide a way to know if it is loaded or
not, not some shell script guessing...

Exactly.

I was a skeptic initially about systemd, based on my experience with pulseaudio. I'm still quite allergic to having pulse on my system.

That said, knowing Frederic, I knew openSUSE was going to have a very competent developer/packager handling this.

Recently, at work I've been working fixing a number of broken/inconsistent initscripts as well as using systemd on 12.2.

Yes, SysV initscript have been around a long time, but they are certainly not perfect and in some cases can be damn fussy, fragile and not fun to maintain.

While there are some issues to be fixed, I am totally convinced systemd is the way forward.

Having a single set of cross-distro system management tools is a very worthwhile and useful way of making Linux more flexible in the future.
systemd files are simple. No more need to have separate debian/suse/fedora versions.

I liken it going from auto* to cmake. Simpler, cleaner - sane error messages.

Cheers,

Peter