  • From: Graham Anderson <graham.anderson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 23:50:35 +0100
On Sunday 25 Dec 2011 15:52:47 Claudio Freire wrote:
You've been given examples of services that aren't either daemons or
where a "standard code" is an oversimplification.

I reject the premise of this argument. AppArmor is implemented as kernel code
and as such is pretty much the definition of a daemonised service. That the
profiles are injected sequentially via scripts is probably in itself more a
clue about AppArmors design than anything else.

If you ignore it, there's no much point in issuing an RFC I guess.

RFC is not "tell me every little detail you want included". It's a polite way
of hearing arguements. *Any and all* of which *may and can* be ignored,
excluded, argued against of even ridiculed.

The _request for comments_ has highlighted one area where systemd doesn't seem
to have a remit or functionality to deal with. I would argue that this is more
a problem of AppArmor using sysvinit as convenience than anything that systemd
should even be concerned with.