On 20/12/11 09:51, Claudio Freire wrote:
On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 2:33 PM, Cristian Rodríguez
<crrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ignoring timeframe, I'm not aware that either of those are goals. I

have seen it posted repeatedly that systemd supports scripts in
/etc/init.d, so it is not obvious to me that your assumed goals are in
fact opensuse community goals.

If this is not a goal, then goals are wrong and plain madness.

This sounds like newitis to me.

This sound like an appeal to tradition to me.

If an init script does its job... why not use it?

if you want to use an init script it should work, my proposal is addressed at packages included in the main distribution, not third party or custom scripts.