On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 5:52 PM, Brian K. White <brian@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

At the very very least, you could say "We apologize, we know it sucks right
now. We need help making a major transition. We are sorry for making these
changes which broke all your stuff. We should not have released this yet."
That at least will gain you some percentage of sympathy. And at least some
percentage of users will decide to give you their time and effort to submit
proper bugzilla entries with better documented observations.

When I don't see that acknowledgement of responsibility for causing the
users grief, I am hardly surprised when users are unsympathetic and
unwilling to go to the trouble of good bug reports. A _good_ bug report is
actually a fair amount of work.

+1

You know, flies and honey go together.