Hello,

Am Dienstag, 20. Dezember 2011 schrieb Frederic Crozat:
Le lundi 19 décembre 2011 à 21:20 +0100, Christian Boltz a écrit :
Am Samstag, 17. Dezember 2011 schrieb Cristian Rodríguez:
On 18/12/11 13:53, Christian Boltz wrote:
To name another example: check the current (quite verbose) output
of "rcapparmor status". How can this (running the "aa-status"
command) be done with systemd when someone checks the status? I
know about ExecStart, ExecReload and ExecStop, but I don't see
something like ExecStatus in systemd.service(5).

You probably know that there is nothing like a permanently running
AppArmor process, so looking up the status somewhere in the
process
table ("is the started process still running?") is impossible.
I allso don't like the idea to rely on "we loaded the profiles, so
they must still be there" because someone could have unloaded
them manually.

Back to my question - how can this be handled in a *.service file?

It can't. systemctl status foo.service is supposed to return an
errorcode (and some systemd text output), in a standard form and
that's it.

That's a clear answer. Not my favorite one, but thanks nevertheless.

rc* SUSE-ish shouldn't rely on initscript "status" command to output
anything but the "standard" form.

OK, but I still have a problem - how can systemd detect the status of
AppArmor?

There's no running process systemd could detect.

The initscript calls "aa-status", prints its output and returns the
status/errorcode based on $? of aa-status. How can I do this (execute a
command when checking the status) with systemd to get at least the
errorcode?

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
Unix-Systeme erfordern mündige Bediener und Admins. Wer nicht in der
Lage zu eigenmotivierter Recherche in den zig-tausend vorhandenen