Greg Freemyer wrote:
On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 7:29 AM, Claudio Freire<klaussfreire@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 11:10 AM, Cristian Rodríguez
<crrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Bug numbers ? note that bugs in other components have nothing to do with
systemd.

It may have nothing to do with systemd, but has all to do with the
ability to switch to it.

In the linux kernel, Linus has imposed a rule that if you add or
change code that causes pre-existing code to fail, then you are
responsible for making sure the issues are resolved before your work
is accepted into the kernel.

Sounds fair and solid to me.

Since one can't do much with just the kernel additional stuff like a system(d) to boot things is needed.

One could almost think that those go so much together that one should apply that rule?

I'm also wondering,when some updates could be expected.
I updated the other day to systemd-37-317.1.x86_64
and with that I have system mail.

But 'zypper up' still wants to downgrade from official updates.

Maybe something is in progress and official update is not finished yet?

Vahis
--
openSUSE 11.4 (x86_64) 2.6.37.6-0.9-default main host
openSUSE 12.1 (x86_64) 3.1.1-48-desktop Tumbleweed in VirtualBox