  • From: Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 09:51:31 -0300
On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 2:33 PM, Cristian Rodríguez
<crrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 > Ignoring timeframe, I'm not aware that either of those are goals.  I

have seen it posted repeatedly that systemd supports scripts in
/etc/init.d, so it is not obvious to me that your assumed goals are in
fact opensuse community goals.

If this is not a goal, then goals are wrong and plain madness.

This sounds like newitis to me.

If an init script does its job... why not use it?

I've heard something that is indeed useful in this or any context:
programmers' biggest strength is that they're lazy bastards.

This means, we'll always take the path of least effort, and in doing
so, do more in less time, and in a way that is easier to maintain in
the future. This includes not rewriting scripts that do a good job
already.