On Mon, Dec 19, 2011, at 04:09 PM, Brian K. White wrote:

Rand McNally Mile-Maker

PC-Miler

LSI raid cards

Adaptec raid cards

Equinox network serial port server

Digi network serial port server

Cyclades network serial port server

VSI-FAX

FacetWin (both the terminal emulator server and the file & print sharing
server)

eicon DIVA server

I didn't ask for systemd, yet unless I want to be on an unsupported
version of opensuse in a very few months, I suddenly have to take on the
burden of updating or working around or reinventing the install and init
scripts for all of those, some of which are no longer supported at all
by the manufacturers even in the cases where the manufacturer still
exists.

Why would you have to do that? systemd supports the old init.d scripts
as a stated feature. I know if it didn't on my system several things
that do work perfectly with systemd would not. The dyndns client
ddclient is an example off the top of my head.

Tim