Hello,

Am Samstag, 17. Dezember 2011 schrieb Cristian Rodríguez:
On 18/12/11 13:53, Christian Boltz wrote:
Now tell me how to do this in a *.service file without using a
script (extremely simplified version of loading the AppArmor
profiles):

ls -1 /etc/apparmor.d/ | grep -v 'rpmnew$\|rpmold$' | \
while read profile ; do
apparmor_parser "/etc/apparmor.d/$profile"
done

I guess apparmor_parser can by itself exclude backup files and provide
recursion no ?

AFAIK it can't - the current initscript loads one profile after the
other. It might sound like a disadvantage, but OTOH it allows to
selectively load or reload a single profile manually.

To name another example: check the current (quite verbose) output of
"rcapparmor status". How can this (running the "aa-status" command) be
done with systemd when someone checks the status? I know about
ExecStart, ExecReload and ExecStop, but I don't see something like
ExecStatus in systemd.service(5).

You probably know that there is nothing like a permanently running
AppArmor process, so looking up the status somewhere in the process
table ("is the started process still running?") is impossible.
I allso don't like the idea to rely on "we loaded the profiles, so they
must still be there" because someone could have unloaded them manually.

Back to my question - how can this be handled in a *.service file?

Yes, but OTOH the old initscripts are plain shell code and
therefore grep-able and somehow self-documenting.

no, they are not.

We could make that a shout match - "yes, they are!" [1] - but let's get
back to the more constructive part of the discussion ;-)

Regards,

Christian Boltz

[1] I listed several arguments in my previous mail, no need to repeat
them here ;-)
--
Lass es mich so sagen: GUIs? Wir haben keine. Davon aber zwei.
[Ratti in suse-linux]