Le dimanche 18 décembre 2011 à 20:12 +0100, Lars Müller a écrit :
On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 09:50:17PM +0100, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2011-12-17 18:24, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:

Third party packages cannot be fixed by opensuse neither we should
stop doing things just because some other provider does not fix their
stuff.(will fail on fedora, mandriva and other distros that are in
this same boat too)

But they hurt users.

If we consider this argument then nothing will go forward, the number
of usecase scenarios become unmanageable and will be forever stuck if
we care about crap packages provided by someone else.

It pains me that you do not have pity on us users.

+1

Systemd has and will have a mechanism to execute old style init scripts.
And I'm sure we'll keep this mechanism for quite some time. Also I
don't see a reason why we should drop this.

Exactly.. The support for sysv initscripts might be migrated to a
systemd generator in the future (ie an implementation detail) but there
is no plan to drop it at all.

But the goal for openSUSE should be to deliver native systemd targets
for all services.

That was part of my original plan but we didn't reach it for 12.1. Let's
see if we can improve this for 12.2.

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat@xxxxxxxx>
SUSE