On 17/12/11 21:52, Rüdiger Meier wrote:
On Saturday 17 December 2011, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
On 17/12/11 14:33, Vahis wrote:
Where is it?

In the official update repo..

Great fun! I just noticed that my boot.msg is quite old, December
4. Is that when it disappeared?
Where can I now find what's running on the screen during boot?

all messages are logged to syslog , and can be found in
/var/log/messages, later they will also be stored in journald binary
log.

Is it also intenioned that there is no output on boot console at all?
I'm using splash=native always but there is nothing...

On my serial console only systems this is all I get when booting:
-------
root (hd0,0)
kernel /vmlinuz-3.1.0-1.2-desktop root=/dev/vda2 noresume splash=native
quiet
console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty0 vga=0x314
[Linux-bzImage, setup=0x4200, size=0x4baef0]
initrd /initrd-3.1.0-1.2-desktop
[Linux-initrd @ 0x374a5000, 0xb4ad6f bytes]

you have to remove "quiet" from the command line, if you want the splash to be chatty you have to use splash=verbose , it now does what is supposed to do ;)

Not having a login prompt.. ? is the machine hanging ?