On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 4:37 PM, Cristian Rodríguez
<crrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi:

Supporting 2 different init systems comes with a large increase of possible
usecases and scenarios that are very difficult to support correctly,
specially in the long term.

This RFC proposes steps to permanently phase out sysvinit from future
openSUSE releases.

Phase 0

- Fix all *currently* outstanding bugs of systemd if any, note that this
step only deals with problems in systemd itself, not in service files
installed by other packages, udev, kernel, networkmanager or whatever other
thing.

- Determine which services currently lack of native systemd units.

- Add an rpmlint error with moderate badness for the start,complaining about
the lack of unit files.

This much seems useful regardless of anything else,

"Assuming" it can be done. How would rpmlint know that a package
needs a unit file? After all, most don't.

Also, is there a way the "badness" could be made more obvious.

I don't think any of my packages have a init script, but if they did
having a ever increasing badness would be totally hidden from me
unless I happen to be looking at the build log. For stable packages,
I don't suspect many of us do that.

Greg