Am Samstag, 17. Dezember 2011, 17:48:22 schrieb Peter Nikolic:
On Saturday 17 December 2011 16:54:33 Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
On 17/12/11 13:46, Per Jessen wrote:
Can you demonstrate the opposite?

That's absurd, you cannot prove a negative, those who claiming it is
"alpha", "broken" has to demonstrate their claims.

I can prove it is broken very easily i am unable to boot a nerw install of
12.1 using systemd but if i force sysvinit it boots perfectly therefore
it is BROKEN Borked look ay it how ever you want it don't work so it is
busted

Your claim: It's broken, because it's broken for me.

The only thing you have proven is that it does not work *for you*. In fact you
did not even go into details, i.e. you don't know if it's really only systemd
causing the issue or if it is only playing its part and something else at
fault, e.g. a broken script.

So while your claim that it is broken would be valid if you added the "for
me", its validity to prove it's alpha is close to zero. And it is not even
helpful towards improving the situation for you. So in total it's useless.

People who have it working will not care to report others' issues. In fact,
they can't.

And according to your logic somebody who has it working can claim:
It's working, because it's working for me.

I guess you would not accept that, yet demand it the other way around…

So please do not post generalisations but specific issues. It's more useful,
it makes you look less trollish and it could actually state a valid case to
not phase out systemvinit yet.

Sven