On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 1:11 PM, Cristian Rodríguez
<crrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 17/12/11 14:51, Greg Freemyer wrote:

A goal of eliminating the package sysvinit and the associated run
levels is one thing.

Yes, but *after* providing all missing systemd native units.

Excuse my terminology since I don't know systemd, but...

My understanding is a systemd unit file can simply provide a path to a
/etc/init.d script and thus systemd compatibility is achieved without
the use of a FULLY native systemd unit file.

As I read your plan, it assumes a goal of not using that approach for
any of the services.

Again, I don't know enough to argue for or against a goal of FULLY
native systemd unit files. That is why I'm saying a separate
discussion of that goal should take place before arguing the merits of
your plan.

Greg