On 17/12/11 14:22, Greg Freemyer wrote:

Your implied goals are that all services should have FULLY native
systemd support and that /etc/init.d should be GONE.

Yes, from packages installed by the distribution, I have said nothing about user provided scripts neither about removing sysinit support from systemd, I am talking about the default installation.

> Ignoring timeframe, I'm not aware that either of those are goals. I
have seen it posted repeatedly that systemd supports scripts in
/etc/init.d, so it is not obvious to me that your assumed goals are in
fact opensuse community goals.

If this is not a goal, then goals are wrong and plain madness.