Re: [opensuse-factory] harping on the "SUSE controls openSUSE" crap.

On 10/25/2011 03:23 PM, Kim Leyendecker wrote:
Am 25.10.2011 20:47, schrieb Per Jessen:
Robert Schweikert wrote:

> OK, after a number of years where we have worked really hard to hand
> control of the project to the community and have opened a lot of tools
> and processes to the community you still are harping on the "SUSE
> controls openSUSE" crap. This ticks me off big time.
It's surely a fact nonetheless. Are you disputing that? There are very
few (if any) mechanisms for the community at large to make community
decisions. Perhaps openSUSE isn't controlled by SUSE, but it certainly
isn't controlled by the community either:
We don't yet have a foundation, many key "community" positions are
(apparently) occupied by SUSE staff. We can't even get an official
list of who is staff and who isn't (a while ago I asked about an
organigramm and only got given a long run-around by Andreas Jaeger).

guys, please. Read my response and *please* don´t start to discuss on
this thread for hell´s good reasons. We all have to manage a release and
I still maintain the POV that we could need *every* *single* hand to
make it successful.

Please stop writing about such trivial topics right before a release
appears.

It is not trivial. If we still have the perception that SUSE controlls openSUSE within our community despite the hard work we have done to eliminate the reasons for this perception then we have a problem that needs to be addressed.

Such things should also better happen on opensuse-offtopic,

This is certainly not offtopic, but should be on the -project list. You are correct, sorry I missed that this was started on -factory.

I guess
there developers around here who are annoyed to hell because we´re
spamming there mailboxes and prevent them to do *real* important work.

BTW, sorry for creating confusion, still can´t believe how a bad
expression can lead to yet another endless and pointless discussion....

--kdl

Tech Lead
rjschwei@xxxxxxxx
rschweik@xxxxxxxxxx