Re: [opensuse-factory] 234 packages with reportedly newer upstream version
Hi,

Le lundi 19 septembre 2011, à 09:37 +0200, Stephan Kulow a écrit :
Hi,

Thanks to Marcus and Vincent, the build service knows about new upstream
versions and you can easily query them by going here:

https://build.opensuse.org/project/status?project=openSUSE%3AFactory&limit_to_old=true&limit_to_fails=false

FWIW, this only cover a subpart of the packages we have in Factory,
unfortunately.

The good news is that we can easily track upstream for most packages,
and as the information needed for this is minimal, we can do some nice
crowdsourcing for that :-)

Everyone can help do the required changes, as it's just a matter of
editing two files (both of them have inline documentation on the format
at the top):

- a file to tell where to look for upstream tarballs:

http://gitorious.org/opensuse/osc-plugin-collab/blobs/master/server/upstream/upstream-tarballs.txt
- a file to know how to match the upstream name to the source package
name:

http://gitorious.org/opensuse/osc-plugin-collab/blobs/master/server/upstream/upstream-packages-match.txt

You can easily try your lines with the script that is in git too:
$ ./download-upstream-versions --debug "pidgin:sf:235|Pidgin"

nonfgo:pidgin:2.10.0:http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/pidgin/Pidgin/2.10.0/pidgin-2.10.0.tar.bz2

There's also a way to specify "limits" on which versions you're
interested in:

http://gitorious.org/opensuse/osc-plugin-collab/blobs/master/server/upstream/upstream-limits.txt

Feel free to send me patches or the lines you need for your packages.

Cheers,

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.