Re: [opensuse-factory] The road to systemd for openSUSE 12.1
On 21/06/11 20:39, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
On Tuesday, June 21, 2011 11:51:13 Basil Chupin wrote:
On 21/06/11 19:17, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
On Tuesday, June 21, 2011 11:01:27 Basil Chupin wrote:
On 21/06/11 17:40, Stephan Kulow wrote:
Am Montag, 20. Juni 2011 schrieb jdd:
Le 20/06/2011 16:21, Ken Schneider - openSUSE a écrit :
WHY? You don't need /usr on a separate partition anymore.
having only one install for several computers?
Are you doing this or are you just telling stories? With just /usr
shared, I would like to see your patches to zypp to run updates on such
a system.

Greetings, Stephan
Stephan,

Forgive me for asking but who do you actually work for now, Novell or
SUSE?
Stephan - and myself - always worked for SUSE Linux Products GmbH.

We continue to use our Novell.com email address since that's the one
we're subscribed to many mailing lists. But I guess we switch at one
point to an suse one...

Your e-mail address is showing "@novell.com" but following the sale SUSE
is now a separate entity and unconnected to Novell.
Both SUSE and Novell are separate business units owned by Attachmate, so
we're related ;)
Thanks for the response, Andreas.

But what was written here just doesn't quite give this same
understanding of the situation:
Please ask specific questions.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/open-source/attachmate-reveals-novell-suse-linux-
plans/8771
Let's move this discussion elsewhere to the offtopic and not continue in this
thread.

I am simply puzzled, nothing more.
;)
Still puzzled :-) .
If you have detailed question, ask them - but I guess opensuse-project is
better. You can also ask me offlist,

Andreas

Thanks, Andreas, you have answered my hunches, and there is no need to take it to "offtopic" or even private mail.

But apart from hoping that all is going well with your now extended family :-) , I do feel that altering the e-mail addresses to reflect the new business situation would be a very good and progressive step.

BC

--
The Annual General Meeting of Psychics has been cancelled due to unforseen
circumstances.