Re: [opensuse-factory] The road to systemd for openSUSE 12.1
On Tuesday, June 21, 2011 11:51:13 Basil Chupin wrote:
On 21/06/11 19:17, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
On Tuesday, June 21, 2011 11:01:27 Basil Chupin wrote:
On 21/06/11 17:40, Stephan Kulow wrote:
Am Montag, 20. Juni 2011 schrieb jdd:
Le 20/06/2011 16:21, Ken Schneider - openSUSE a écrit :
WHY? You don't need /usr on a separate partition anymore.

having only one install for several computers?

Are you doing this or are you just telling stories? With just /usr
shared, I would like to see your patches to zypp to run updates on such
a system.

Greetings, Stephan

Stephan,

Forgive me for asking but who do you actually work for now, Novell or
SUSE?

Stephan - and myself - always worked for SUSE Linux Products GmbH.

We continue to use our Novell.com email address since that's the one
we're subscribed to many mailing lists. But I guess we switch at one
point to an suse one...

Your e-mail address is showing "@novell.com" but following the sale SUSE
is now a separate entity and unconnected to Novell.

Both SUSE and Novell are separate business units owned by Attachmate, so
we're related ;)

Thanks for the response, Andreas.

But what was written here just doesn't quite give this same
understanding of the situation:

Please ask specific questions.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/open-source/attachmate-reveals-novell-suse-linux-
plans/8771

Let's move this discussion elsewhere to the offtopic and not continue in this
thread.

I am simply puzzled, nothing more.

;)

Still puzzled :-) .

If you have detailed question, ask them - but I guess opensuse-project is
better. You can also ask me offlist,

Andreas
--
Andreas Jaeger, Program Manager openSUSE
aj@{novell.com,suse.com,opensuse.org} Twitter/Identica: jaegerandi