Re: [opensuse-factory] The road to systemd for openSUSE 12.1
On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 11:17:55AM +0200, Jos Poortvliet wrote:
On Monday 20 June 2011 10:40:26 Dr. Werner Fink wrote:
On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 07:43:12PM +0200, Kay Sievers wrote:
I'd like to know what the big vendors are thinking about this.
Introducing risks due lazy/snooty systemd developers can not be
a reason to ignore well-founded and common rules how to handle
big severs.

Most of the 'lazy/snooty systemd developers' work for the biggest
vendors. :)

Does this mean that IBM will enforce that /usr and
other useful partitions will be only avaiable by
using initramfs?

Since when does IBM ship openSUSE?

And actually most of the requests what systemd should do come from these
vendors and their customers. We declined more requests form them than we
have implemented so far.

Defer would be OK, but declined is not that what will
help to become systemd accepted as replacement on top
of most big servers.

openSUSE doesn't run on big servers so what is the issue? It might be an
issue
for SLES but that's not expected for another two years and I'm sure SUSE can
solve that issue if they want to.

Please keep the openSUSE and SUSE discussions separate.

You are forgetting that the SUSE part of the openSUSE community also
represents SLES interests.

Please remember that we do.

Ciao, Marcus