Re: [opensuse-factory] The road to systemd for openSUSE 12.1
On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 07:43:12PM +0200, Kay Sievers wrote:

I'd like to know what the big vendors are thinking about this.
Introducing risks due lazy/snooty systemd developers can not be
a reason to ignore well-founded and common rules how to handle
big severs.

Most of the 'lazy/snooty systemd developers' work for the biggest
vendors. :)

Does this mean that IBM will enforce that /usr and
other useful partitions will be only avaiable by
using initramfs?

And actually most of the requests what systemd should do come from these
vendors and their customers. We declined more requests form them than we
have implemented so far.

Defer would be OK, but declined is not that what will
help to become systemd accepted as replacement on top
of most big servers.

Werner